Friday, March 6, 2009

The Howard University African Students’ Association
Attn: African Business Club
2397 Sixth Street NW,
Box 149Blackburn Center
Room 105
Washington, DC 20059(202) 341-7762

African Business Club:

I was surfing the world wide web and ran upon the attached news letter.
With that said, I could not resist from writing your institute to share my views concerning Africa; which is an on-going thing for me. since I am trying to promote an interest in African. To be more specific, I am promoting a campaign to support the idea of establishing an unified government among the African’s Countries - An United States of Africa.
To keep from nick-picking at an already established document, I decided to enclose a copy of my proposal entitled “An Africa Mandate - Forging A Nation. I hope that the Howard University African Business Conference - Opportunity Africa will find the document of substance and of value.

I appraise anyone and any organization and institutions who may see the need to try and help the people of Africa. With all do respect, I can not support nor encourage those contributing to Africa who mandate does not actually help develop the infrastructure of Africa. To be more specific; you will note my position toward the World Bank and the IMF in my writing. It is my strongest opinion that nothing less than an united Africa will solve Africa problems.

Therefore, I will like to see a strong institution such as Howard University African Business Club take the position I, Col Muammar Gaddafi of Libya, President Wade of Senegal, Dr. Kwane Nikrumah of Ghana (the father of the idea of creating an United State of Africa) and many other Africans to cherish the idea of creating an united Africa. Prior to supporting any single Country in Africa; I wish that your institution will focus its efforts and attention toward promoting the idea of an United Africa. It is my honest opinion that an united Africa will do more for Africa that all the World Bank and the IMF funds will do in a hundred years.

Two of the biggest obstacles, I consider a hinders to an united Africa; other than the African Leaders themselves and Africa’s politics are:

1. The tendency for African Arab countries like Sudan, Egypt, Tunisia,
Libya, Morocco, and Mauritania to look more to the Middle East; or, accept the political reality of being Africans ahead of anything else.”

2. It is my understanding that there are many Tribes of Africans on the
Continent. I do not think uniting the Tribes will be as big of a problem as the Arabs; as long as the government does not force changes upon the Tribes. Due justice to the various Tribes, in my opinion, will be - to guarantee - the Constitutional - recognition of equal representation in the government. One man - One vote. AND THIS IS ALL THE ARABS SHOULD DEMAND AS AFRICANS. Being a United States of Africa will not require Everyone be black Africans, act as black Africans nor even think as black Africans; nor should it require everyone to think and act as Arabs.

As you will note in my proposal, entitled “An African Mandate 2008 - Forging A Nation”, I suggested that Libya's Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi be appointed the first president of Africa.

As Christians, which include a large number of blacks in Africa; it is my belief that their religion can withstand the challenger of opening the highest role of government to Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi I can not think of any other way of uniting all African within a short period of time than by giving Col. Qaddafi a chance to unite Arabs and all other Africans as one. This will at lease give Arabs a chance to start thinking of themselves as Africans.

I think it is more important to give Col Qaddafi the first chance to unite Arabs as African than for - lets say - for Nigeria President or Kofi Annan to prove their concern for Arabs. As President - I do not think - being President will in no shape or form be a problem for Nigeria President nor Kofi Annan to embrace Arabs as Africans. It appears that the problem will be for Arabs to embrace Africans as their brother and sisters. As President of an United States of Africa this will be Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi job.

Africans have survive wars, Colonialism, the Apartheids and all kinds of endurance, so I believe that they can survive one more test of their faith by offering an olive branch to the Arabs - Libya's Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi

Anything else will probably require years and years of trial and errors.
An United Africa is the only true solution to African’s problems.

Please consider your African’s policies carefully and not contribute to political and economic slavery of Africa. Each African Countries trying to go their separate way is not the way to go, and only prolong political and economic slavery of the African’s people.

Thank you,
Ernest L. Herron

No comments:

Post a Comment